[FOOSBALL TABLES] .. [COIN-OP] .. [PARTS] .. [USED] .. [BUY NOW!-TERMS OF SALE] .. [SOUTHERN FOOSBALL PROGRAM]
~ALABAMA FOOSBALL PROGRAM~
LOCATIONS & TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
Foosball enthusiasts all over the country enjoy participating in weekly foosball tournaments and/or sometimes league competition. It's possible that there may be a group of foosball enthusiasts already coordinating events in your area. If so, you should take advantage of the opportunity and get out and participate. More of my thoughts are... continued here
Listed below is information about local foosball action in Alabama. Included is contact information, weekly tournament schedules, and eventually collected resulting information, all of which create our Alabama Foosball Program. Information is usually updated during the first five days of each month-if not before; however, all is subject to change at any moment--you should check back often for possibly updated information. I would suggest that prior to making a long drive to participate, you should first contact someone in the know to get an idea of current activity status.
[EVERY WEEK TOURNAMENTS] ... [SPECIAL TOURNAMENTS] ... [RESULTS] ... [TOP WINNERS] ... [LOCAL NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
[SUBMIT RESULTS] ... [ALABAMA FOOSBALL PROGRAM RESULTS OF 2018] [PLAYER CLASS RANKINGS]
Foosball table locations:
RACK & CUE FAMILY BILLIARDS
323 2nd Ave SW Downtown - Cullman,AL.
FACEBOOK (Tornado foosball tables-2)
111 Commercial Street NE - Hanceville,AL. [SEE]
FACEBOOK (Tornado foosball tables-2)
6 POCKETS BAR & BILLIARDS
1819 Bassett Avenue SE - Decatur,AL.
FACEBOOK (Tornado foosball table-2)
11799 Dauphin Island Parkway - Theodore,AL.
(Mobile area foosball tournaments: Lee McDonald)
COWBOYS & ANGELS BAR & GRILL
5428 Halls Mill Road - Mobile,AL. [SEE]
Local Special Tournaments:
August 4th 2019 WHO’S BAD??/Open Singles ...Sunday at 3pm-$20 entry fee, and at 4pm Spot’DYP - $10 entry/Don’t be late!! @Outbreak Games
July 20th 2019 Decatur $60 Added! Open FoosBlitz ...Saturday at 5pm Open Draw, and at 7pm Open Doubles - $10 entry/Don’t be late!! @6 Pockets
March 9th 2019 Decatur Open FoosFight ...Saturday at 5pm Open Draw, and at 7pm Open Doubles - $10 entry fee. 6 Pockets Bar & Billiards
February 15-16 2019 $200 Added! North Alabama Open ... Fri. & Saturday at 6 Pockets Bar & Billiards in Decatur,AL. [RESULTS]
February 2nd 2019 Decatur Open FoosFight ...Saturday at 5pm Open Singles, and at 7pm Open Doubles - $10 entry fee. 6 Pockets Bar & Billiards
January 18th 2019 Foos-Friday DYP ...$10 entry - 7pm Open DYP at the Cullman Rack’n Cue Family Billiards
June 8th 2018 $100 Added! Foos-Friday ...$10 entry – 7pm Spot’DYP at Cullman Bowling Center
May 18th 2018 $20 Added! Darby’s Friday Night Foos’n - Open Singles 6pm & DYP 8pm ...$10 entry at Cullman Bowling Center
May 12th 2018 $150 Added! Cullman Open FoosBash ...Saturday Open Singles 1pm, Open DYP 3pm, Open Doubles 6pm, Cullman,AL
May 5th 2018 $50 Added! Birmingham FoosFight ...$10 entry – Open "Draw Your Partner" 8pm Saturday night at The Break Restaurant & Billiards
April 20th 2018 $50 Added! Friday FoosBlitz ...$10 entry – Open Singles 5pm and Open Doubles 7pm Friday night at Cullman Bowling Center
April 6th 2018 $50 Added! Friday FoosBlitz ...$10 entry – Open Singles 5pm and Open Doubles 7pm Friday night at Cullman Bowling Center
March 3rd 2018 $200 Added! North Alabama Open ...Saturday Open Singles 1pm, Ala-Amateur Doubles 3pm, Open DYP 3pm, Open Doubles 5pm, Cullman,AL
February 3rd 2018 Mr. Hot Shot! - FoosBash ...Saturday Forward Shootout 4pm, Open DYP 5pm, Open Doubles 7pm, Cullman,AL
January 20th 2018 Cullman Open FoosBash ...Saturday Open Singles 2pm, Open DYP 4pm, Open Doubles 6pm, Cullman,AL
January 12th 2018 Friday DYP ...$10 entry - 7pm Open DYP at the Cullman Bowling Center
January 6th 2018 $50 Added! cold weather foosin’ ...$10 entry - 5pm Open Singles & 7pm Open DYP at the Cullman Bowling Center
November 4th 2017 $120 Added! Open FoosBash ...Saturday Open Singles 2pm, Ala-A Doubles 3pm, Open DYP 4pm, Open Doubles 6pm, Cullman,AL
October 29th 2017 "Spooky DYP" ...5pm Sunday at Cullman Bowling Center - $10 entry payback spot-advance format
October 6th 2017 Open Doubles ...$10 entry - 7pm Friday at Cullman Bowling Center
September 23rd 2017 $100 Added!
Montgomery FoosBash ... Saturday at Ric & Mo’s Bar’ Grill in Montgomery,AL. Moved to Cullman![SEE INFO]
September 16th 2017 $100 Added! Open FoosBash ...$10 entry – Open Draw 4pm and Open Doubles 7pm Saturday evening at Cullman Bowling Center
August 25th 2017 $100 Added! Open FoosBlitz ...$10 entry – Open Singles 6pm and Open BYP 8pm Friday night at Cullman Bowling Center
August 12th 2017 $130 Added! Cullman Open FoosBash ...2pm singles...draw...doubles at Cullman Bowling Center [SEE INFO]
June 10th 2017 $120 Added! Tim Bagwell Memorial FoosBash ...3pm singles...draw...doubles at Cullman Bowling Center [SEE INFO]
April 28th 2017 $50 Added! Open BYP ...$10 entry - 7pm Friday at Cullman Bowling Center
April 23rd 2017 $50 Added! Sunday Open FoosBrawl ...3pm singles...doubles at Cullman Bowling Center [SEE INFO]
April 1st 2017 $150 Added! April Foolz FoosBash ... Saturday at 6 Pocket Bar & Billiards in Decatur,AL. [SEE INFO]
February 4th 2017 $180 added Cullman Open FoosBash ... Saturday at Cullman Bowling Center.
[RESULTS] ... [TOP WINNERS] ... [NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
Wednesdays @ 6 POCKETS BAR & BILLIARDS
- 1819 Bassett Avenue SE, Decatur,AL.
8 PM Draw-for-Partners - w/ spot’advance format
- .....$10 entry fee per player - 100% payback! ...Please don’t be late!
*Two Tornado foosball tables are on location at this time.
*Notification Status. Players usually show up but participation varies.
Sundays @ OUTBREAK GAMES
- 111 Commercial Street NE, Hanceville,AL.
2:15 PM Ala-Amateur DYP - w/ spot’advance format while eligible players participants are listed BEGinner thru A class only!
- .....$3 entry fee per player - 1st place certificates
4 PM Open Doubles - (Bring Your Partner)
- .....$20 entry fee per player ($10-AlaAmateurs) - 100% payback! ...Please don’t be late!
*Two Tornado foosball tables are on location at this time.
*Ala-Amateur event is new for August 18th while the 4pm event is usually a Spot’DYP but temporarily coordinating Open Doubles as a warmup for the upcoming Tornado World Championships.
*Alternate participating options include:
Mr. Recruiter, Buddy System, or iron man.
.....Rules Violation Protection
*Bring all your foos-friends, all are welcome to participate.
*Notification Status.....participation varies from week to week, check with someone "in the know" before traveling a long distance hoping to participate in the tournaments. Sometimes the weekly tournaments are at a notification status – which means an announcement will be circulated when a turnout of players is expected and/or when a player will be present to play games and/or coordinate a tournament in case of enough interest. Be "in the know", join the text messaging group among the regular participants---submit name and contact information to: [EMAIL US].
*Do you want to learn how to play foosball? Best advice is get involved. Learning and improving your skills playing foosball will happen quickly with experience and most of our already experienced foosball tournament players would love to help you learn and improve your foosball playing ability. The Spot’ Draw tournament and with it’s added challenging strategies it presents has proven to be an effective new player development platform. For those that prefer, lessons are available also--private or semi private, beginner or advanced.
[RESULTS] ... [TOP WINNERS] ... [NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS] [PLAYER RANKINGS]
[TOP WINNERS] ... [NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
8-14-19 Decatur Foos-Wednesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Incomplete but top 3 teams were: Al Widok & Nick Peterson/ Chuck Shikle & James Porter/ 3- Jon Martin & Garet Peterson
8-11-19 Hanceville Foos-Sunday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Al Widok/ 2-Stephen Darby & Ricky Smith/ 3-Jerry Stewart & Mickey Dunn
WHO’S BAD? Open Singles
1st ...Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Stephen Darby/ 3-Nick Peterson
8-7-19 Decatur Foos-Wednesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & David Burnett/ 2- Joe Marshall(Iron Man)/ 3- James Porter & John Smith
8-4-19 Hanceville Foos-Sunday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Nick Peterson & Jerry Stewart/ 2-Dale Moore & Stephen Darby/ 3-Rodney Jenkins & Mickey Dunn
WHO’S BAD? Open Singles
1st ...Stephen Darby/ 2-Jerry Stewart/ 3-Nick Peterson
7-20-19 Decatur $60 Added! Open FoosBlitz
- Open DYP
1st ...Rodney Jenkins & David Burnett/ 2-Stephen Darby & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Al Widok & Chuck Shikle
1st ...Stephen Darby & Al Widok/ 2-Rodney Jenkins & David Burnett/ 3-Dale Moore & Jerry Stewart/ 4-Nick Peterson & Chuck Shikle
7-17-19 Decatur Foos-Wednesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Eric Traynor/ 2-Joe Marshall & Jon Martin/ 3-David Burnett & Robert Owen
7-14-19 Hanceville Foos-Sunday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Jerry Stewart/ 2-Dale Moore & Ricky Smith/ 3-Mike Hudson & Bill Darby
7-12-19 Hanceville Foos-Friday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Stephen Darby/ 2-Dale Moore & Ricky Smith/ 3-Jerry Stewart...Iron Man
7-10-19 Decatur Foos-Wednesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Bill Darby/ 2-James Porter & Al Widok/ 3-Joe Marshall & Eric Traynor
6-23-19 Hanceville Foosin’ (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Jerry Stewart/ 2-Nick Peterson & Dale Moore/ 3-David Burnett & Jon Martin
6-19-19 Decatur Foos-Wednesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...David Burnett & Jon Martin/ 2-Nick Peterson & Thurman/ 3-Robert Owen & Dale Moore
6-12-19 Decatur Foos-Wednesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Nick Peterson/ 2-Stephen Darby & Jon Martin/ 3-Al Widok & Dale Moore
5-29-19 Decatur Foos-Wednesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...James Porter & Chuck Shikle/ 2-David Burnett & Dave Thomas/ 3-Nick Peterson & Dale Moore
5-15-19 Decatur Foos-Wednesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Lee Blanton/ 2-Dale Moore & Robert Owen/ 3-David Burnett & Chuck Shikle
5-1-19 Decatur Foos-Wednesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Jeremy Monroe & Robert Owen/ 2-Chuck Shikle & Brian Burnett/ 3-Stephen Darby & John Smith
4-20-19 Decatur Saturday FoosDYP
- Open DYP
1st ...Robert Owen & David Bagwell/ 2-Al Widok & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Nick Peterson & Dale Moore
1st ...David Burnett & Al Widok/ 2-Dale Moore & Dave Thomas/ 3-David Burnett & Jerry Stewart
3-9-19 Decatur Saturday FoosFight!
- Open DYP
1st ...Lee Blanton & David Burnett/ 2-Nick Peterson & Jon Martin/ 3-Jerry Stewart & James Porter
1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Jon Martin/ 2-Nick Peterson & Jerry Stewart/ 3-David Burnett & Lee Blanton
2-27-19 Decatur Foos-Wednesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...James Porter & Chuck Shikle/ 2-David Burnett & Gary Truxall/ 3-Garet Peterson & Joe Marshall
2-16-19 $200 Added! North Alabama Open/in Decatur
- Friday Open DYP(6 teams)
1st ...Jeremy Monroe & Garet Peterson/ 2-Nick Peterson & James Porter/ 3-David Burnett & Jerry Stewart/
Open Singles(17 teams)
1st ...Randy Raposo/ 2-Wayne Patrick/ 3- Shannon Coley/ 4-Toby Sullivan
Open Doubles(12 teams)
1st ...Shannon Coley & Keith Bates/ 2- Bruce Stancil & Todd Brooks/ 3-Wayne Patrick & Mickey Munger/ 4-Jim Wiggs & James Porter
2-2-19 Decatur Saturday FoosFight! (Spot Advance)
- Draw Your Partner
1st ...Rodney Jenkins & David Burnett/ 2-Nick Peterson & Jeremy Monroe/ 3-Jerry Stewart & Brian Burnett
Singles 1st ...Nick Peterson/ 2-Rodney Jenkins/ 3-Jerry Stewart
1-30-19 Decatur Foos-Wednesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Jerry Stewart & John Smith/ 2-Jeremy Monroe & David Burnett/ 3-Stephen Darby & James Porter
1-23-19 Decatur Foos-Wednesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Nick Peterson & David Burnett/ 2-Lee Blanton(IronMan)/ 3-Chuck Shikle & Gary Truxall
1-21-19 Cullman Foos-Monday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Brian Burnett/ 2-Stephen Darby & Jeremy Monroe/ 3-Al Widok & David Burnett
1-18-19 Cullman Foos-Friday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Jeff Deskins/ 2-Al Widok & Gene Leonard/ 3-Nick Peterson & Jerry Stewart
1-15-19 Cullman Foos-Tuesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Al Widok & Chuck Shikle/ 2-Nick Peterson & David Burnett/ 3-Ray Ayers & Rodney Jenkins
DYP #2 (Spot'Advance)
- 1st ...Nick Peterson & Stephen Darby/ 2-David & Brian Burnett/ 3-Al Widok & Ray Ayers
6-8-18 $100 Added! Foos-Friday (Spot'DYP)/in Cullman
- Draw Your Partner
1st ...Stephen Darby & Mike Camp/ 2-Danny Bagwell & Bill Darby/ 3-Jerry Stewart & Lucas Boyd
5-18-18 Darby’s Cullman "Friday Night Foos’n" (Open Singles)
$20 Added! Open Singles
1st ...Nick Peterson/ 2-Steve Perry/ 3-Jerry Stewart
1st ...Stephen Darby & Jerry Stewart
5-12-18 $150 Added! Cullman FoosBash/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...David Bagwell/ 2-Rodney Jenkins/ 3- Jim Wiggs/ 4-Danny Bagwell
1st ...Danny Bagwell & Jim Wiggs/ 2-David Bagwell & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Ken Williams & Lucas Boyd/ 4-Nick Peterson & Ricky Smith
1st ...Danny Bagwell & David Bagwell/ 2- Rodney Jenkins & Jim Wiggs/ 3-Nick Peterson & Ken Williams/ 4-Jeremy Monroe & Lucas Boyd
5-5-18 $50 Added! Birmingham FoosFight/(Open DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Jerry Stewart/ 2-Randy Raposo & Al Widok/ 3-Nick Peterson & Rodney Jenkins
4-20-18 $50 Added! Friday FoosBlitz/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...David Bagwell/ 2-Jim Wiggs/ 3-Nick Peterson
1st ...David Bagwell & Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Danny Bagwell & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Nick Peterson & Jim Wiggs
4-12-18 Decatur Foos-Thursday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Jeremy Monroe & Al Widok/ Nick Peterson, Dale Moore.
4-6-18 $50 Added! Friday FoosBlitz/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Jeremy Monroe/ 2-David Bagwell/ 3-Jim Wiggs
1st ...Stephen Darby & Nick Peterson/ 2-Rodney Jenkins & Al Widok/ 3-Dale Moore & Matt Kuemmel
3-30-18 Darby’s Cullman "Friday Night Foos’n" (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Jerry Stewart/ 2-Nick Peterson & Al Widok/ 3-Garet Peterson & Ray Ayers
3-3-18 $200 Added North Alabama Open/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Liem Le/ 2-Jim Wiggs/ 3-Randy Raposo/ 4-Stephen Darby
1st ...Liem Le & Jim Wiggs/ 2-Cindy Head & Jimmie Starrett/ 3-Rodney Jenkins & Ray Ayers/ 4-Randy Raposo & Al Widok
1st ...Liem Le & Chad Buckley/ 2- Rodney Jenkins & Billy Caylor/ 3-David Bagwell & Ray Ayers/ 4-Ken Williams & David Burnett
2-25-18 Cullman Foos-Sunday
- 1st ...Steve Perry & Mike Camp/ 2-Ricky Smith & Rodney Jenkins/ Austin & The Undertaker
2-22-18 Cullman Foos-Thursday (Spot'Singles)
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Al Widok/ 3-Stephen Darby
2-13-18 Cullman Foos-Tuesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Ray Ayers/ 2-Al Widok & Kevin Allen/ 3-Nick Peterson & Rodney Jenkins
2-11-18 Cullman "Sunday DYP" (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Nick Peterson & Lucas Boyd/ 2-Al Widok & Rodney Jenkins/ 3-Steve Perry & Ricky Smith
2-3-18 $140 Added Mr. Hot Shot! FoosBash/in Cullman
- Mr. Hot Shot! Forward Shootout
1st ...Jim Wiggs/ 2-Jeremy Monroe/
1st ...Nick Peterson & Stephen Darby/ 2-Rodney Jenkins & Ray Ayers/ 3-Jim Wiggs & Al Widok
1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Jim Wiggs/ 2- Nick Peterson & Jeremy Monroe/ 3-Dale Moore & David Bagwell
1-20-18 $100 Added Cullman Open FoosBash/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Nick Peterson/ 2-Rodney Jenkins/ 3-Jim Wiggs
1st ...Nick Peterson & Stephen Darby/ 2-Steve Perry & Rodney Jenkins/ 3-Jim Wiggs & Jeremy Monroe
1st ...Jim Wiggs & Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Nick Peterson & Dale Moore/ 3-Steve Perry & Mike Fondren
1-12-18 $20 Added Friday Open DYP/at Cullman Bowling Center
- 1st ...Nick Peterson & Stephen Darby/ 2-Jeremy Monroe & Lucas Boyd/ 3-Rodney Jenkins & Zach Johnson
1-6-18 $50 Added cold weather foosin’/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Jim Wiggs/ 2-Randy Raposo/ 3-Rodney Jenkins
1st ...Jim Wiggs & Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Nick Peterson & Steve Perry/ 3-Al Widok & Jeremy Monroe
[SouFooPro TOP MONEY WINNERS] ... [NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
(For the period Beginning in January 2018 through present)
LOCAL NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
See additional news at: [2018-news]
- Attention tournament participants The tournament play-off process needs to be time-efficient! .....Guys, we had only six teams participating in Decatur Wednesday night for the 8pm DYP and didn’t finish the tournament by the locations closing time at midnight. Ridiculous in my opinion. I don’t want to invite players out to play tournaments that are potentially not going to finish. Please let me know your thoughts on what needs to be done in order to be able to finish these tournaments. Single elimination? / Earlier start time? / One game instead of 3 games format?
Meanwhile, I pasted below some information that’s on the Standard Procedures area of SouFooPro:
It is intended to be a top-priority and goal of this foosball tournament program, to coordinate it’s tournament events as time-efficiently as possible for the benefit, enjoyment, and satisfaction of it's participating players, most of whom, may need to juggle priorities with work and family in order to create their opportunity to play foosball in this way. The popular tournament play-off structure is “double-elimination bracket-play” with winners determined by a series of games played. Since this format creates the potential for a substantial amount of foosball to be played in order to reach a winning team, the tournament coordination process needs to be time-efficient. Time-efficiency should include a process of on-time starting as close to the scheduled event time as possible, then, coordinating the matches as efficiently as possible with an effort to arrive at a champion team as quickly as possible. In order to help the process, participating players should do their part by being on-time and ambitiously available to play their matches promptly when applicable. All pre-tournament pickup games and/or between-match practice-play involving the tournament foosball tables should end immediately upon the presents of the players that are to be involved in the matches called. Do not hold up the tournament playoff process.
- Check out t he foosball tables in Hanceville, Alabama where has often been a hot spot for foosball in the past. OUTBREAK GAMES is a shop specializing in card and board games and now has two very nice Tornado foosball tables set up and will serve as a location to coordinate foosball tournaments. We’ve already played a few tournaments at the site and have decided to make it an EVERY WEEK foosball gathering. Make plans to join us on Sunday evenings for a draw-for-partner "spot’advance type" tournament at 4pm. Anyone can play, hope to see you there. [PHOTO] 
- The 6 Pockets Bar & Billiards is now set up to become the new host of the Program’s "EVERY WEDNESDAY" foosball tournament activity as of February 2019.
Competition of the North Alabama Open was recently presented at the "6 Pockets" location and several teams from surrounding areas turned out for the multiple event foosball tournament. Twenty-two players entered the open singles event where Randy Raposo, traveling from the B’ham area to compete, remained undefeated during the event earning the first place title. A couple of players out of Mississippi captured the open doubles title-Shannon Coley & Keith Bates. The photo shown is of the two teams playing for the championship win of the open doubles event where Shannon & Keith outlasted the come-back efforts of the Chattanooga,TN team, Bruce Stancel & Todd Brooks, in a two-match finale. Eleven teams had entered the open doubles event. Additional results are listed above.
The EVERY-WEEK tournament effort will remain, at this time, on a notification status--which means a text, or email, message will be sent to those that have requested to be informed when a turnout is expected and/or when someone will be in attendance as coordinator of a potential event. There are two or more Tornado foosball tables on location regularly at this time. Be sure to watch the schedule and announcements for periodical special events. Thanks...Rodney
- I often use the back side of scrap paper to print tournament charts used on location for the foos-tournaments these days. I have a large stack of used paper that I take from which includes old foosball tournament flyers and the similar. Sometimes while using these charts what is printed on the other side grabs someone's attention. I thought I would share this one today because it took me back to fun memories of a few years back with the foosball action that we had going on at that time. This page happen to be a page that was included in one of the mail-out newsletters that I use to distribute to players via postal mail that included the tournament schedule, results and so forth--before we used the internet. This was a distribution during the summer of 1998. Notice the locations listed where we played and the tournaments that were scheduled. It turned into a fun "flash-back" as I passed the page around the tournament room. Some remembered the time period and some did not... See [OLD NEWS].
- The long-time foosball tournament location for the Alabama Foosball Program in Birmingham, The Break Restaurant & Billiards, sold the property and closed it’s location back in November of 2018. I was recently in the Five-Points-South area where it was located and noticed that the building has already been totally demolished and removed making room for a new high-rise building to be built on the property. I mention because, I want to let those interested know that the Break owner mentioned plans to re-open the business in a different location. He also stated that he’d like to include the foosball tables but said that it would be at least a year before the new location will be ready.
- A Blast from the Past! Be sure to check out the Leigh O’Quinn photo collections that I recently added: [LEIGH O’QUINN BLAST FROM THE PAST]. Long time "Alabama Great" foosball player out of Tuscaloosa, Leigh O’Quinn, recently gave me permission to share some of his collection of photos that were taken back in the 1980’s. Included are photo’s taken during a foosball tournament he and Cindy Head coordinated during the early 1980’s at a foosball location in Bessemmer, Alabama.
As of June 2018, The Cullman Bowling Center is closed for a major remodeling project and the foosball tables have been removed for the process. Management has stated interest is to keep the foosball Program once the remodel project is complete if possible. My fingers are crossed since the property improvements will create a favorable atmosphere for the foosball activities that we’ve enjoyed at that site for so many years. The business improvement plans include a restaurant/bar creation. Looking forward to potentially continuing the tournament program in Cullman once the Cullman Bowling Center re-opens for business. Thanks for your patience during this period.
The Cullman Bowling Center did re-open for business; unfortunately, no room for foosball at this time.
Also, I recently removed the foosball table that was on location in Montgomery at Ric’n Moes.
- ALABAMA FOOSBALL PROGRAM..... foosball tournament notes:
Due to the varying skill levels of the local players participating--along with an interest in creating an inviting atmosphere for the "beginner" and/or "new" player participation--the popular weekly tournament format is the spot-in-advance draw-your-partner(DYP) tournament. The format dictates the possibility of spot advantages. For example, according to a projected "level of experience" of a team of players paired together compared to the experience level of their opponents, sometimes the format dictates one team having to score additional points in order to win a particular game during competition while the other team only has to score the traditional 5 points in order to win that game. Find a place to participate. Let me know if you’d like to coordinate this type event in your area, I’d be happy to provide you with the things you need including the charts and instructions.
*There are alternative competing options allowed for players to participate in our tournaments, they include: the Buddy System and Mr. Recruiter.
*During the Programs' events we will allow a protection circumstance for rule violations committed by players with limited tournament experience and those who are not yet accustom to playing by the official rules of play. The spirit of the rule violation protection procedure is to allow new players some flexibility when it comes to the rules while participating in the Programs tournaments. In other words, we don't want to discourage new players from participating our tournament events simply because they are unfamiliar with rules of play, or perhaps their style of play may conflict a simple rule or two. We do want to encourage players to play by the rules but, for those that need, we want to allow a grace period that will allow them to compete according to their style of play while gradually learning to play according to the official guidelines of play.
*FYI: The popular play-off structure is “double-elimination bracket-play” with winners determined by the “best-of-three-games” matches. Since this format creates the potential for a fair amount of foosball to be played in order to reach a winning team, the tournament coordination process needs to be time-efficient. Participating players should be on time and available and ambitious to play their matches when applicable. It rarely ever happens, but in case the tournament does not finish before business closing time, the tournament shall resume the following week one hour prior to regular start time.
- IN MEMORY OF.....Shortly after I started playing foosball back in the very late 1970's, I became interested in creating a
competitive opportunity for my friends and I, and for all those in my area that enjoyed playing the game at that time. Eventually, I was encouraged to expand my tournament promotional efforts into other areas of Alabama and ultimately into the surrounding states which became an effort that I referred to as our Southern Foosball Program. Along with this project came an opportunity that I cherish, I had the privilege of meeting a lot of people of whom share the similar interest as I in this unique game/sport of foosball. Along the way, special friendships have developed and an expanded community of foosball enthusiasts exists as a result.
Periodically, I receive the dreaded notifications about a fellow foosball player that has passed away. Regretfully, I usually want to share this information among the foosball community. With all due respect and condolences, I would like to keep the memory of these beloved individuals among us as we continue. Please see: [IN MEMORY OF]
…Thanks, Rodney Jenkins
[FOOSBALL TABLES FORSALE] [PARTS] [USED]
[SOUTHERN FOOSBALL PROGRAM] [ABOUT THE PROGRAM] [CLASS POINT RATINGS]
Direct your questions or comments to the Southern Foosball Program/Rodney Jenkins at (256) 734-6349, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're reading this you'll probably agree that foosball is a very unique game. It can be very fun, and some people will say that it can be addictive. In most areas throughout the Southeastern USA it's not easy to find places where you can walk in and find a foosball table with experienced players available for games. It's been my suggestion that foosball players should try to establish a location where they can designate days and times for enthusiasts to show up and all can then satisfy their craving to play foosball. In fact, that's exactly the principle that lead to the creation of this Southern Foosball Program. It's a popular practice for these types of gatherings to eventually lead to some type of coordinated competition format.
It's my intention to include submitted information that will help any persons interested in finding foosball activity in areas scattered throughout the Southeastern USA.
If you know of places where coordinated efforts have established an event, whether it's every-week, bi-weekly, or even monthly, if it's presented in sportsmanlike fashion and if it's open to anyone to participate, please submit this information to email@example.com. It's very likely we will add that information here so that possibly others will learn of it and open the door for the possibility of growth in the local player base.