[FOOSBALL TABLES] .. [COIN-OP] .. [PARTS] .. [USED] .. [BUY NOW!-TERMS OF SALE] .. [SOUTHERN FOOSBALL PROGRAM]
~ALABAMA FOOSBALL PROGRAM~
LOCATIONS & TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
Foosball enthusiasts all over the country enjoy participating in weekly foosball tournaments and/or sometimes league competition. It's possible that there may be a group of foosball enthusiasts already coordinating events in your area. If so, you should take advantage of the opportunity and get out and participate. More of my thoughts are... continued here
Listed below is information about local foosball action in Alabama. Included is contact information, weekly tournament schedules, and eventually collected resulting information, all of which create our Alabama Foosball Program. Information is usually updated during the first five days of each month-if not before; however, all is subject to change at any moment--you should check back often for possibly updated information. I would suggest that prior to making a long drive to participate, you should first contact someone in the know to get an idea of current activity status.
[EVERY WEEK TOURNAMENTS] ... [SPECIAL TOURNAMENTS] ... [RESULTS] ... [TOP WINNERS] ... [LOCAL NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
[SUBMIT RESULTS] ... [ALABAMA FOOSBALL PROGRAM RESULTS OF 2017] [PLAYER CLASS RANKINGS]
Foosball table locations:
THE BREAK RESTAURANT & BILLIARDS
1001 20th Street South - Birmingham, AL.
- (Tornado foosball tables-4/no tournaments at this time)
CULLMAN BOWLING CENTER
1710 Talyho Street - Cullman, AL.
- (Tornado foosball tables-3/EVERY WEEK-tournament info)
RIC & MOE'S BAR'n GRILL
3150 Watchmen Drive - Montgomery, AL.
- (Tornado foosball table-1)
6 POCKETS BAR & BILLIARDS
1819 Bassett Avenue SE - Decatur, AL.
- (Tornado foosball table-2)
WILD BILL’S BAR & GRILL
9076 Madison Blvd - Madison, AL.
- (Foosball tournament location-contact Dave Thomas for information)
11799 Dauphin Island Parkway - Theodore, AL.
- (Foosball tournament location-contact Lee McDonald for information)
RAC'n CUE BILLIARDS
Hwy. 31 S. Downtown - Cullman, AL.
- (Tornado foosball table-1)
Local Special Tournaments:
March 3rd 2018 $250 Added! North Alabama Open ...Saturday Open Singles 1pm, Ala-Amateur Doubles 3pm, Open DYP 3pm, Open Doubles 5pm, Cullman,AL
February 3rd 2018 Mr. Hot Shot! - FoosBash ...Saturday Forward Shootout 4pm, Open DYP 5pm, Open Doubles 7pm, Cullman,AL
January 20th 2018 Cullman Open FoosBash ...Saturday Open Singles 2pm, Open DYP 4pm, Open Doubles 6pm, Cullman,AL
January 12th 2018 Friday DYP ...$10 entry - 7pm Open DYP at the Cullman Bowling Center
January 6th 2018 $50 Added! cold weather foosin’ ...$10 entry - 5pm Open Singles & 7pm Open DYP at the Cullman Bowling Center
November 4th 2017 $120 Added! Open FoosBash ...Saturday Open Singles 2pm, Ala-A Doubles 3pm, Open DYP 4pm, Open Doubles 6pm, Cullman,AL
October 29th 2017 "Spooky DYP" ...5pm Sunday at Cullman Bowling Center - $10 entry payback spot-advance format
October 6th 2017 Open Doubles ...$10 entry - 7pm Friday at Cullman Bowling Center
September 23rd 2017 $100 Added!
Montgomery FoosBash ... Saturday at Ric & Mo’s Bar’ Grill in Montgomery,AL. Moved to Cullman![SEE INFO]
September 16th 2017 $100 Added! Open FoosBash ...$10 entry – Open Draw 4pm and Open Doubles 7pm Saturday evening at Cullman Bowling Center
August 25th 2017 $100 Added! Open FoosBlitz ...$10 entry – Open Singles 6pm and Open BYP 8pm Friday night at Cullman Bowling Center
August 12th 2017 $130 Added! Cullman Open FoosBash ...2pm singles...draw...doubles at Cullman Bowling Center [SEE INFO]
June 10th 2017 $120 Added! Tim Bagwell Memorial FoosBash ...3pm singles...draw...doubles at Cullman Bowling Center [SEE INFO]
April 28th 2017 $50 Added! Open BYP ...$10 entry - 7pm Friday at Cullman Bowling Center
April 23rd 2017 $50 Added! Sunday Open FoosBrawl ...3pm singles...doubles at Cullman Bowling Center [SEE INFO]
April 1st 2017 $150 Added! April Foolz FoosBash ... Saturday at 6 Pocket Bar & Billiards in Decatur,AL. [SEE INFO]
February 4th 2017 $180 added Cullman Open FoosBash ... Saturday at Cullman Bowling Center.
[RESULTS] ... [TOP WINNERS] ... [NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
CULLMAN BOWLING CENTER
1710 Tallyho St./Cullman
Friday night, and/or
Sunday evening tournaments:
7:00pm Draw-for-Partners - w/ spot-in-advance format
.....$10 entry fee per player - 100% payback! ...Please don’t be late!
*Alternate participating options include:
Mr. Recruiter, Buddy System, or iron man.
..... Rule violation protection
- Participation varies from week to week and, at this time, I’m not regularly available to coordinate the tournaments. Check with someone "in the know".
Status this January 2018 – an announcement will be circulated when a turnout is expected and when someone is to be present to coordinate the potential event.
Be "in the know", join the text messaging group by submitting name and contact information to: [EMAIL US].
Bring a friend. Anyone is welcome to participate. Want to learn how to play foosball? Get involved. Yes, lessons are available for those interested, private or semi private, beginner and amateur.
Three very nice Tornado foosball tables are on location at CBC.
[RESULTS] ... [TOP WINNERS] ... [NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS] [PLAYER RANKINGS]
[TOP WINNERS] ... [NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
2-13-18 Cullman Foos-Tuesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Ray Ayers/ 2-Al Widok & Kevin Allen/ 3-Nick Peterson & Rodney Jenkins
2-11-18 Cullman "Sunday DYP" (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Nick Peterson & Lucas Boyd/ 2-Al Widok & Rodney Jenkins/ 3-Steve Perry & Ricky Smith
2-3-18 $140 Added Mr. Hot Shot! FoosBash/in Cullman
- Mr. Hot Shot! Forward Shootout
1st ...Jim Wiggs/ 2-Nick Peterson/
1st ...Nick Peterson & Stephen Darby/ 2-Rodney Jenkins & Ray Ayers/ 3-Jim Wiggs & Al Widok
1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Jim Wiggs/ 2- Nick Peterson & Jeremy Monroe/ 3-Dale Moore & David Bagwell
1-20-18 $100 Added Cullman Open FoosBash/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Nick Peterson/ 2-Rodney Jenkins/ 3-Jim Wiggs
1st ...Nick Peterson & Stephen Darby/ 2-Steve Perry & Rodney Jenkins/ 3-Jim Wiggs & Jeremy Monroe
1st ...Jim Wiggs & Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Nick Peterson & Dale Moore/ 3-Steve Perry & Mike Fondren
1-12-18 $20 Added Friday Open DYP/at Cullman Bowling Center
- 1st ...Nick Peterson & Stephen Darby/ 2-Jeremy Monroe & Lucas Boyd/ 3-Rodney Jenkins & Zach Johnson
1-6-18 $50 Added cold weather foosin’/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Jim Wiggs/ 2-Randy Raposo/ 3- Rodney Jenkins
1st ...Jim Wiggs & Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Nick Peterson & Steve Perry/ 3-Al Widok & Jeremy Monroe
12-12-17 Cullman Foos-Tuesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Bill Darby & Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Al Widok & Zach Johnson/ 3-Stephen Darby & Lucas Boyd
12-8-17 Cullman (Darby’s $50 added/Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Lucas Boyd/ 2-Nick Peterson & Jeremy Monroe/ 3- Al Widok & Ray Ayers
11-21-17 Cullman Foos-Tuesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Nick Peterson & Ray Ayers/ 3-Al Widok & Lucas Boyd
11-10-17 Cullman (Darby’s Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Al Widok & Jeremy Monroe/ 2-Ray Ayers & Krystal/ 3-Stephen Darby & John Smith
11-4-17 $120 Added Cullman Open FoosBash/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Nick Peterson/ 3-Jim Wiggs
1st ...Jim Wiggs & Steve Perry/ 2-Stephen Darby & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Nick Peterson & Jeremy Monroe
1st ...Steve Perry & Nick Peterson/ 2-Jerry Stewart & Josh Parker/ 3-Jim Wiggs & Rodney Jenkins
10-29-17 Cullman “Spooky DYP” (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Ricky Smith/ 2-Al Widok & Gene Leonard/ 3-Nick Peterson & Lucas Boyd
10-6-17 Cullman Open Doubles
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Jim Wiggs/ 2-Nick Peterson & David Bagwell/ 3-Danny Bagwell & Lucas Boyd
10-3-17 Cullman Foos-Tuesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Nick Peterson & Stephen Darby/ 2-Danny Bagwell & Lucas Boyd/ 3-Dale Moore & Al Widok
9-23-17 $130 Added Montgomery Open FoosBash/in
Montgomery .......>Top AA/5 Team=$50: Danny & Chase Bagwell
- Open Singles
1st ...David Bagwell/ 2-Danny Bagwell/ 3-Jim Wiggs/ 4-Nick Peterson
1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Jim Wiggs/ 2-Nick Peterson & Steve Perry/ 3-Dale Moore & Al Widok/ 4-David Bagwell & Ricky Smith
9-16-17 $100 Added Cullman Open FoosBash/in Cullman
- Open Draw
1st ...Rodney Jenkins & David Bagwell/ 2-Leigh O’Quinn & Nick Perterson/ 3-Al Widok & Steve Perry
1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Jim Wiggs/ 2-Dale Moore & Al Widok/ 3-Nick Peterson & Leigh O’Quinn
8-27-17 Cullman Sunday Draw (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Nick Peterson/ 2-Stephen Darby & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Al Widok & Lucas Boyd
8-25-17 $100 Added Cullman Open FoosBlitz/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Nick Perterson/ 3-Jim Wiggs
1st ...Nick Peterson & Leigh O’Quinn/ 2-Jeff Deskins & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Stephen Darby & Al Widok
8-20-17 Cullman Open Doubles
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Chuck Shikle/ 2-Jerry Stewart & Jeff Deskins/ 3- David Burnett & Lee Blanton
8-12-17 $130 Added Cullman Open FoosBash/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Jim Wiggs/ 2-Rodney Jenkins/ 3-Nick Peterson
1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Lucas Boyd/ 2-Steve Perry & Dale Moore/ 3-Jim Wiggs & Ricky Smith
1st ...Randy Raposo & Leigh O’Quinn/ 2-Jim Wiggs & Lee Blanton/ 3-Steve Perry & Lucas Boyd
8-8-17 Cullman Foos-Tuesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Steve Perry & John Smith/ 2-Ryan McGowan & David Burnett/ 3-Al Widok & Stephen Darby
6-13-17 Cullman Sunday Draw (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...David Bagwell & Al Widok/ 2-Danny Bagwell & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Chase Bagwell & Skyler Key
6-10-17 $120 Added Tim Bagwell Memorial FoosBash/in Cullman .......>Tournament MVP: David Bagwell
- Open Singles
1st ...David Bagwell/ 2- Danny Bagwell/ 3-Jim Wiggs/ 4-Steve Dodgen
1st ...Steve Dodgen & Garet Peterson/ 2-David Bagwell & Ricky Smith/ 3-Rodney Jenkins & David Burnett
1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Jim Wiggs/ 2-Dale Moore & Al Widok/ 3-Steve Dodgen & Jeff Deskins/ 4-David Bagwell & Jerry Stewart
5-2-17 Cullman Foos-Tuesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Lee Blanton/ 2-Nick Peterson & Lucas Boyd/ 3-Al Widok & Steve Perry
4-28-17 $50 Added Open BYP/at Cullman Bowling Center
- Open Doubles
1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Dale Moore/ 2-Cindy Head & Leigh O’Quinn/ 3-Jim Wiggs & James Porter/ 4-Stephen Darby & Al Widok
4-23-17 Cullman Open FoosBrawl/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...David Bagwell/ 2-Rodney Jenkins/ 3-Danny Bagwell/ 4-Nick Peterson
1st ...Jim Wiggs & James Porter/ 2-Rodney Jenkins & Danny Bagwell/ 3-Al Widok & Stephen Darby/ 4-Nick Peterson & David Burnett
4-1-17 $150 Added! April Foolz FoosBash/in Decatur,AL
- Open Singles
1st ...Billy Caylor/ 2-Randy Raposo/ 3-David Bagwell/ 4-Lee Blanton
1st ...Leigh O’Quinn & Cindy Head/ 2-David Bagwell & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Billy Caylor & Rodney Jenkins/ 4-Randy Raposo & Dale Moore
1st ...Chuck Shikle & Phil Cantrell/ 2-Danny Bagwell & Lucas Boyd/ 3-David Burnett & Jerry Stewart
3-21-17 Cullman Foos-Tuesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Chase Bagwell/ 2-David Bagwell & Skyler Key/ 3-Stephen Darby & Makaylia Long
3-14-17 Cullman Foos-Tuesday (Spot'DYP w/7 teams)
- 1st ...David Bagwell & Lucas Boyd/ 2-Ray Ayers & Skyler Key/ 3-Stephen Darby & AL Widok
3-1-17 Cullman Foos-Wednesday (Spot'DYP w/5 teams)
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Ray Ayers/ 2-Jerry Stewart -Iron Man/ 3-Stephen Darby & Lee Blanton
3-1-17 Madison Wednesday Spot'DYP
- 1st ...Robbie Owen & James Porter/ 2- / 3-
2-15-17 Cullman Foos-Wednesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...David Bagwell & Chase Bagwell/ 2-Danny Bagwell & Skyler Key/ 3-Ray Ayers & Jerry Stewart
2-4-17 $180 added Cullman Open FoosBash/in Cullman,AL
- Open Singles
1st ...Rodney Jenkins/ 2-David Bagwell/ 3-Lee Blanton
1st ...David Bagwell & Ryan McGowan/ 2-Cindy Head & Jamie Milam/ 3-Lee Blanton & Danny Bagwell
1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Jim Wiggs/ 2-Cindy Head & Lee Blanton/ 3-David Bagwell & Jerry Stewart
1-29-17 Cullman Sunday Spot'Draw
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Lucas Boyd/ 2-Robert Owen & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Stephen Darby & Al Widok
1-22-17 Cullman Round-Robin
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Zach Johnson
1-15-17 Cullman Sunday Spot'Draw
- 1st ...James Porter & Dave Thomas/ 2-David Burnett & Rodney Jenkins/ 3-Dale Moore & Jerry Stewart
1-8-17 Cullman Sunday Spot'Singles
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Dale Oberhausen/ 3-Dave Thomas
1-4-17 Madison Wednesday Spot'Draw
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & John Martin/ 2-David Burnett & Ryan McGowan/ 3-James Porter & Joe Marshall
1-1-17 Cullman Sunday Spot’Draw
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Danny Bagwell/ 2-David Bagwell & Jerry Stewart/ 3-David Burnett & Chase Bagwell
[SouFooPro TOP MONEY WINNERS] ... [NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
(For the period Beginning in January 2018 through present)
LOCAL NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
See additional news at: [2013-news]
- Kentucky State! Several local foosball players traveled to Lexington for the popular Kentucky State Championships of foosball during the recent January 25-28th 2018 weekend. Pictured is Stephen Darby while practicing on a table and staying ready for his journey in the “rookie singles” event where he captured an outstanding 5th place finish out of the 65 participants. Stephen also placed in several other events during the weekend and with varying partners. He and Al Widok finished 9th place of the “rookie doubles” event.
Nick Peterson placed in several events as well including 5th place of the “amateur doubles” event while teamed with Dale Moore--Fifth place also, of the “spot-advance type doubles” event, where Nick teamed with Steve Perry.
The Kentucky State tournament is always a very competitive and “Tour-like” tournament with many of the top national foosball competitors in attendance. International players attended as well. Billy Caylor and myself survived for a 4th place finish of the “open doubles” event with a field of 67 teams participating. Congratulations to all for outstanding performances.
- CTF Chattanooga Tennessee Foos: ...Tonight's Foosball Tournament will be held in Memory of my Best Friend Aaron Hartline who passed away last night after many years of dialysis, the Lord called him home. No more hurting or suffering-- R.I.P. --A lot of you knew him, we played together for 30+ years and he was a Great Friend, Great Person, and a Great Foosball player. Aaron, You will be missed by many and never forgotten Buddy, we LOVE YOU! R.I.P. Aaron "ROOKIE" Hartline - feeling sad with Randy Goforth and 2 others at I'm Game Chattanooga.
- I often use the back side of scrap paper to print tournament charts used on location for the foos-tournaments these days. I have a large stack of used paper that I take from which includes old foosball tournament flyers and the similar. Sometimes while using these charts what is printed on the other side grabs someone's attention. I thought I would share this one today because it took me back to fun memories of a few years back with the foosball action that we had going on at that time. This page happen to be a page that was included in one of the mail-out newsletters that I use to distribute to players via postal mail that included the tournament schedule, results and so forth--before we used the internet. This was a distribution during the summer of 1998. Notice the locations listed where we played and the tournaments that were scheduled. It turned into a fun "flash-back" as I passed the page around the tournament room. Some remembered the time period and some did not... See [OLD NEWS].
- Our foosball event that took place this past Saturday in Cullman was dedicated honoring the memory of “Mr. Tim Bagwell“ whom passed away recently. Three open events were featured--singles/draw/doubles--where a points race format was used to dictate the most outstanding performance by the participants during the events and a special award is to be presented as representation.
I’m sure the last name, Bagwell, rings a bell with foosball players in Alabama as it should, Tim was David Bagwell’s uncle. Tim was very instrumental in the development of so many foosball players back in the earliest days of competitive foosball here in Alabama. Tim operated “The Foosball Emporium“ in Birmingham where several of these areas well known foosball talents got their start and spent lots of time developing their skills playing foosball. It’s my understanding this location is where the legendary Cindy Head started playing foosball.
From the Jasper, Alabama area, David Bagwell, is one of our top foosball players. Maybe it’s in the bloodline....David’s dad, Jerry Bagwell is a brother to Tim and he also operated a popular foosball tournament location which was in Jasper among those early days. David Bagwell has two sons: Danny and Chase and both are very good foosball players and they both are quickly climbing up the Alabama foosball player rankings as well.
By winning Open Singles, finishing 2nd in the Open Draw, and then earning a 4th place in Open Doubles, how cool is it that David Bagwell earned the most outstanding player award for the tournament honoring his Uncle Tim Bagwell? Congratulations David, and thank you to the 18 players participated in the “Tim Bagwell Memorial FoosBash“ on June 10, 2017. See complete results listed above.
- The Cullman FoosBash tournament on Saturday was lots of fun as 20 foosball players showed up for the action of three events which included open singles, open dyp, and open doubles. The competition was stiff since many of the top players of the area were in attendance. Pictured right is action between two teams that battled it out for first place of the open dyp event: Cindy Head(Birmingham) & Jamie Milam(Alexander City) against David Bagwell(Jasper) & Ryan McGowan(Huntsville). David & Ryan eventually prevailed earning a share of the cash prizes distributed to the top three teams of each event. All players did a great job helping keep the tournament running efficiently throughout the evening particularly David Bagwell. David fell to the losers bracket early of every event and then was able to battle his way back to finishing among the top of each event. He was playing great and it seemed like he was playing matches almost constantly throughout the evening. Ryan McGowan played exceptionally well during the tournament as well which started at 3pm and finished just after midnight. See the results section of this page.
.....Thanks to all for coming out and playing the event, Rodney Jenkins
- Attention foosball players! The Cullman weekly DYP tournament is being moved to “Every Tuesday” night 6pm for those interested. I will be unavailable to run the weekend tournaments unless otherwise announced until the college softball season is over. I was not actively playing foosball for a long time and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed playing again for the last few months. I would like to continue playing and I will be at the Cullman Bowling Center on Tuesday nights at 6pm beginning February 1st for anyone interested in playing pick-up games and/or a DYP tournament if enough interested show up.
Periodical weekend tournaments will be announced as usual. If you’d like to be added to the tournament announcement/notification group, simply email me your name and include your preferred “email or texting” contact information: [HERE].
- CULLMAN BOWLING CENTER..... foosball tournament notes:
Due to the varying skill levels of the local players participating--along with an interest in creating an inviting atmosphere for the "beginner" and/or "new" player participation--the popular format here in Cullman is the spot-in-advance format for our weekly draw-your-partner(DYP) tournament. The format dictates the possibility of spot advantages. For example, according to a projected "level of experience" of a team of players paired together compared to the experience level of their opponents, sometimes the format dictates one team having to score additional points in order to win a particular game during competition while the other team only has to score the traditional 5 points in order to win that game.
*The popular play-off structure is “double-elimination bracket-play” with winners determined by the “best-of-three-games” matches. Since this format creates the potential for a fair amount of foosball to be played in order to reach a winning team, the tournament coordination process needs to be time-efficient. Participating players should be on time and available and ambitious to play their matches when applicable. It rarely ever happens, but in case the tournament does not finish before business closing time, the tournament shall resume the following week one hour prior to regular start time.
*There are alternative competing options allowed for players to participate, they include: the Buddy System and Mr. Recruiter.
CULLMAN,AL. ...Grab your wraps, gloves, along with any other foos-gear you might need and visit one of Alabama's legendary areas for top-notch foosball players. Locals coordinate weekly tournaments for anyone interested in participating. Pictured is players you'll probably see participating along with the locals including Ray Ayers, Lee Blanton, Stephen Darby, and Allen Widok. Players from surrounding cities including Jasper, Birmingham, Huntsville, & Decatur often drop in to participate. Cullman is located in North Alabama.
- Congratulations to a long-time foosball friend, Jon Yarbrough, who made his way from a foosball vending start to eventually the Forbes 400 list.
As a college student in Tennessee, Yarbrough struck a deal with a local arcade: He'd lend the place his foosball table, and they'd split the revenue 50-50. People lined up to play. He doubled down after graduating, buying more foosball tables as well as pinball machines and putting them in other arcades. He then started creating his own video games. His company Video Gaming Technologies makes networked multi-player video games and expanded alongside the rise of tribal casinos. Yarbrough announced plans to sell the company to Australian firm Aristocrat Leisure for $1.28 billion in June. See more about his journey at: www.forbes.com
- During the Programs' events we will allow a protection circumstance for rule violations committed by players with limited tournament experience and those who are not yet accustom to playing by the official rules of play. The spirit of the rule violation protection procedure is to allow new players some flexibility when it comes to the rules while participating in the Programs tournaments. In other words, we don't want to discourage new players from participating our tournament events simply because they are unfamiliar with rules of play, or perhaps their style of play may conflict a simple rule or two. We do want to encourage players to play by the rules but, for those that need, we want to allow a grace period that will allow them to compete according to their style of play while gradually learning to play according to the official guidelines of play. When implemented, beginner players and those rated with the Program as high as C/5 class will be allowed the "rule violation protection" procedure.
- A Blast from the Past! Check out the 1989 Alabama State Championship winners of Rookie Doubles. Pictured from left is Tom Hinds, of Decatur(3rd). Anthony Lancaster, of Vinemont(3rd). First place winner Dennis Branham, of Vinemont & Larry Stanley, of Birmingham. 2nd place Don Glenn and Kevin Cooper, also of Birmingham. The event was held at the "Rac'n Cue" in Cullman.
- On behalf of the Alabama Foosball Program I'd like to congratulate the following players who are considered among the AAA Classification of the Program's class rating system which dictates a proficient level of play for the local competition circuit. Dale Moore, Stephen Darby, Nick Peterson, and James Porter are the most recent to join the top-tier players of the Alabama Foosball Program. They join other players already among that category which include Lane Kimbrell, David Bagwell, Greg McCann, Steve Roberts, Randy Parker, Lee Williams, Jim Wiggs, Toby Todd, Ken Williams and Steve Perry. Players of which have been also among the United States Table Soccer Association/USTSA professional classification include David Hobson, Leigh O'Quinn, and Dale Oberhausen--while Steve Dodgen, Cindy Head, Billy Caylor, and Rodney Jenkins have been among the Professional-Master classification. This list may not represent a complete list of players from Alabama that are capable of playing foosball at a comparable top level.
- IN MEMORY OF.....Shortly after I started playing foosball back in the very late 1970's, I became interested in creating a competitive opportunity for my friends and I, and for all those in my area that enjoyed playing the game at that time. Eventually, I was encouraged to expand my tournament promotional efforts into other areas of Alabama and ultimately into the surrounding states which became an effort that I referred to as our Southern Foosball Program. Along with this project came an opportunity that I cherish, I had the privilege of meeting a lot of people of whom share the similar interest as I in this unique game/sport of foosball. Along the way, special friendships have developed and an expanded community of foosball enthusiasts exists as a result.
Periodically, I receive the dreaded notifications about a fellow foosball player that has passed away. Regretfully, I usually want to share this information among the foosball community. With all due respect and condolences, I would like to keep the memory of these beloved individuals among us as we continue.
…Thanks, Rodney Jenkins
Arron Hartline - Chickamauga,GA (1964-2018) [PHOTO]
Randy Jett - Sumiton,AL (1961-2016) [PHOTO]
Tim Hutton - Chattanooga,TN (1963-2016) [PHOTO] 
Vernon Pearson - Cullman,AL (...2016) [PHOTO] 
Tom Farley - Huntsville,AL (...2016) [PHOTO]
Bruce Caldwell - Huntsville,AL (1957-2016) [PHOTO] 
Cliff Williams - Chattanooga,TN (...2016) [PHOTO]
Rob Moore - Mobile,AL (...2016) [PHOTO]  
David Chancey - Saraland,AL (1964-2013) [PHOTO]   
Tony Gamso - Gadsden,AL (1960-2006) [PHOTO] 
Chad Culver - Hanceville,AL (1981-2000) [PHOTO] 
Keith Beal - Huntsville,AL
[FOOSBALL TABLES FORSALE] [PARTS] [USED]
[SOUTHERN FOOSBALL PROGRAM] [ABOUT THE PROGRAM] [CLASS POINT RATINGS]
Direct your questions or comments to the Southern Foosball Program/Rodney Jenkins at (256) 734-6349, or by email: email@example.com.
If you're reading this you'll probably agree that foosball is a very unique game. It can be very fun, and some people will say that it can be addictive. In most areas throughout the Southeastern USA it's not easy to find places where you can walk in and find a foosball table with experienced players available for games. It's been my suggestion that foosball players should try to establish a location where they can designate days and times for enthusiasts to show up and all can then satisfy their craving to play foosball. In fact, that's exactly the principle that lead to the creation of this Southern Foosball Program. It's a popular practice for these types of gatherings to eventually lead to some type of coordinated competition format.
It's my intention to include submitted information that will help any persons interested in finding foosball activity in areas scattered throughout the Southeastern USA.
If you know of places where coordinated efforts have established an event, whether it's every-week, bi-weekly, or even monthly, if it's presented in sportsmanlike fashion and if it's open to anyone to participate, please submit this information to firstname.lastname@example.org. It's very likely we will add that information here so that possibly others will learn of it and open the door for the possibility of growth in the local player base.
For additional information direct your questions or comments to the Southern Foosball Program/Rodney Jenkins at (256) 734-6349, or by email: email@example.com.