[LOCAL SPECIAL TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE]
[RESULTS] ... [TOP MONEY WINNERS] ... [LOCAL NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
[MOST RECENT RESULTS]
December 23rd 2016 $100 added~ Bring Your Partner Tournament ... 8pm Friday in Decatur,AL.
December 2nd 2016 Friday Singles & DYP ...7pm Friday at Cullman Bowling Center
June 23rd 2016 $40 added~ Cullman Open FoosBash ... 5pm Saturday in Cullman,AL.
May 14th 2016 $50 added~ Cullman Open FoosBash ... 3pm Sunday evening in Cullman,AL.
April 22nd 2016 Open DYP ...7pm Friday at Cullman Bowling Center
April 15th 2016 Open DYP ...7pm Friday at Cullman Bowling Center
... [RESULTS] ... [TOP WINNERS] ... [NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
[TOP WINNERS] ... [NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
12-23-16 $100 Added Decatur Foos-Blitz/in Decatur
- Bring Your Partner (spot-in-advance)
1st ...David Bagwell & Jerry Stewart/ 2-Rodney Jenkins & Al Widok/ 3-Lee Blanton (Iron Man)
12-18-16 Cullman Spot’Draw
- 1st ...David Bagwell & Danny Bagwell/ 2-Stephen Darby & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Dale Moore & Tracy Chapman
12-11-16 Cullman Spot’Draw
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Chase Bagwell/ 2-Rodney Jenkins & David Burnett/ 3-David Bagwell & Lucas Boyd
12-2-16 Friday Foos-Blitz/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Stephen Darby/ 2-Al Widok/ 3-Jerry Stewart
1st ...Dale Moore & Al Widok/ 2-Lucas Boyd & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Rodney Jenkins & Ray Ayers
6-23-16 $40 Added Cullman Open Foosbash/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Randy Raposo/ 2-Jim Wiggs/ 3-Danny Bagwell
1st ...Randy Raposo & David Bagwell/ 2-Jim Wiggs & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Dale Moore & Mike Perry
5-14-16 $50 Added Cullman Open Foosbash/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Dale Moore/ 3-Mike Camp
1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Al Widok/ 2-Dale Moore & Lucas Boyd/ 3-Stephen Darby & Mike Camp
4-22-16 Cullman Open Draw
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & David Burnett/ 2-Ken Williams & Jerry Stewart/ 3- Steve Dodgen & Ray Ayers
4-15-16 Cullman Open Draw
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Dale Moore/ 2-Jim Wiggs & Jeff Deskins/ 3-Ray Ayers & Jerry Stewart
See additional results at [2013-AL]
[SouFooPro TOP MONEY WINNERS] ... [NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
(For the period Beginning in January 2016 through December 2016)
LOCAL NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS:
See additional news at: [2013-AL.]
- Attention foosball players! The Cullman local weekly tournament is currently at approximately 15 players participating on Sunday evenings beginning with singles at 3pm and the draw at 5pm. The tournament format is as stated above unless otherwise announced. Get on the tournament announcement email/text notification list by submitting your name and preferred contact information [HERE].
Go ahead, show up!! You can bring your bad’ss foosball friends with you.
- CULLMAN BOWLING CENTER..... foosball tournament notes:
Due to the varying skill levels of the local players participating--along with an interest in creating an inviting atmosphere for the "beginner" and/or "new" player participation--the popular format here in Cullman is the spot-in-advance format for our weekly draw-your-partner(DYP) tournament. The format dictates the possibility of spot advantages. For example, according to the projected "level of experience" of a team of players paired together compared to the experience level of the opponents, sometimes the format dictates one team having additional points to win a game during competition while the other only has to score the traditional 5 points in order to win the game.
*The popular play-off structure is “double-elimination bracket-play” with winners determined by the “best-of-three-games”. Since this format creates the potential for a fair amount of foosball to be played in order to reach a winning team, the tournament coordination process needs to be time-efficient. Participating players should be on time and available and ambitious to play their matches when applicable. It rarely ever happens, but in case the tournament does not finish before business closing time, the tournament shall resume the following week one hour prior to regular start time.
*There are alternative competing options allowed for players to participate, they include: the Buddy System and Mr. Recruiter.
CULLMAN,AL. ...Grab your wraps, gloves, along with any other foos-gear you might need and visit one of Alabama's legendary areas for top-notch foosball players. Locals coordinate weekly tournaments for anyone interested in participating. Pictured is players you'll probably see participating along with the locals including Ray Ayers, Lee Blanton, Stephen Darby, and Allen Widok. Players from surrounding cities including Jasper, Birmingham, Huntsville, & Decatur often drop in to participate. Cullman is located in North Alabama.
- During the Programs' events we will allow a protection circumstance for rule violations committed by players with limited tournament experience and those who are not yet accustom to playing by the official rules of play. The spirit of the rule violation protection procedure is to allow new players some flexibility when it comes to the rules while participating in the Programs tournaments. In other words, we don't want to discourage new players from participating our tournament events simply because they are unfamiliar with rules of play, or perhaps their style of play may conflict a simple rule or two. We do want to encourage players to play by the rules but, for those that need, we want to allow a grace period that will allow them to compete according to their style of play while gradually learning to play according to the official guidelines of play. When implemented, beginner players and those rated with the Program as high as C/5 class will be allowed the "rule violation protection" procedure.
- A Blast from the Past! Check out the 1989 Alabama State Championship winners of Rookie Doubles. Pictured from left is Tom Hinds, of Decatur(3rd). Anthony Lancaster, of Vinemont(3rd). First place winner Dennis Branham, of Vinemont & Larry Stanley, of Birmingham. 2nd place Don Glenn and Kevin Cooper, also of Birmingham. The event was held at the "Rac'n Cue" in Cullman. Additional results of that particular state tournament is at [1989 STATE].
- On behalf of the Alabama Foosball Program I'd like to congratulate the following players who are considered among the AAA Classification of the Program's class rating system which dictates a proficient level of play for the local competition circuit. Dale Moore, Stephen Darby, Nick Peterson, Josh Parker, and James Porter are the most recent to join the top-tier players of the Alabama Foosball Program. They join other players already among that category which include Lane Kimbrell, David Bagwell, Greg McCann, Steve Roberts, Randy Parker, Lee Williams, Jim Wiggs, Toby Todd, and Ken Williams. Players of which have been also among the United States Table Soccer Association/USTSA professional classification include David Hobson, Leigh O'Quinn, and Dale Oberhausen--while Steve Dodgen, Cindy Head, and Rodney Jenkins have been among the Professional-Master classification. This list may not represent a complete list of players from Alabama that are capable of playing foosball at a comparable top level.
- Congratulations to a long-time foosball friend, Jon Yarbrough, who made his way from a foosball vending start to eventually the Forbes 400 list.
As a college student in Tennessee, Yarbrough struck a deal with a local arcade: He'd lend the place his foosball table, and they'd split the revenue 50-50. People lined up to play. He doubled down after graduating, buying more foosball tables as well as pinball machines and putting them in other arcades. He then started creating his own video games. His company Video Gaming Technologies makes networked multi-player video games and expanded alongside the rise of tribal casinos. Yarbrough announced plans to sell the company to Australian firm Aristocrat Leisure for $1.28 billion in June. See more about his journey at: www.forbes.com
- IN MEMORY OF ..... Shortly after I started playing foosball back in the very late 1970’s, I became interested in creating a competitive opportunity for my friends and I, and for all those in my area that enjoyed playing the game at that time. Eventually, I was encouraged to expand my tournament promotional efforts into other areas of Alabama and ultimately into the surrounding states which became an effort that I referred to as our Southern Foosball Program. Along with this project came an opportunity that I cherish, I had the privilege of meeting a lot of people of whom share the similar interest as I in this unique game/sport of foosball. Along the way, special friendships have developed and an expanded community of foosball enthusiasts exists as a result.
Periodically, I receive the dreaded notifications about a fellow foosball player that has passed away. Regretfully, I usually want to share this information among the foosball community. With all due respect, I would like to keep the memory of these beloved individuals among us as we continue.
…Thanks, Rodney Jenkins
Tim Hutton - Chattanooga,TN (1963-2016) [PHOTO] 
Vernon Pearson - Cullman,AL (...2016) [PHOTO] 
Tom Farley - Huntsville,AL (...2016) [PHOTO]
Bruce Caldwell - Huntsville,AL (1957-2016) [PHOTO] 
Cliff Williams - Chattanooga,TN (...2016) [PHOTO]
Rob Moore - Mobile,AL (...2016) [PHOTO]  
David Chancey - Saraland,AL (1964-2013) [PHOTO]   
Tony Gamso - Gadsden,AL (1960-2006) [PHOTO] 
Chad Culver - Hanceville,AL (1981-2000) [PHOTO] 
Keith Beal - Huntsville,AL
Direct your questions or comments to the Southern Foosball Program/Rodney Jenkins at (256) 734-6349, or by email: email@example.com.
[ABOUT THE PROGRAM] [CLASS POINT RATINGS] [TABLES FOR SALE]